Kasian is one of the largest integrated architecture and interior design firms in Canada. With a network of offices across Canada and overseas, we are a local firm with a global reach. We strive to enhance the human experience through great design. Our passion is rooted in strengthening connections between people and places by creating environments that inspire and improve lives. From complex operational facilities to finely-crafted workplace interiors, Kasian’s breadth of expertise and dedication to excellence has been the driving force behind great design and strong relationships for over 30 years.
We are currently seeking a motivated and passionate Project Architect to complement our Edmonton office. Our Edmonton office is involved in exciting work across a range of building types including: commercial, mixed-use, retail, corporate offices, high-rise residential, hospitality, public buildings, and healthcare. With your contribution of expertise, Kasian will become an even stronger player in Edmonton.
Our Project Architects are involved in all design and technical aspects of projects from the schematic design phase through to contract administration and typically oversee the whole process. You will have a leadership role in coordinating the project team, consultants, and the client as well as liaising with authorities having jurisdiction to meet project objectives.
What you’ll be doing at Kasian:
- Work with talented architects and technologists to produce quality projects for public and private sector clients
- Develop project criteria, scope of services, detailed work plans, drawing lists, schedules, and resource (staff, technical, budget) requirements over the project lifecycle
- Push the boundaries of design while meeting the needs of clients and end-users; participate in stakeholder meetings, create design concepts and presentation material
- Lead, motivate, and manage project team to produce successful design and construction documentation
- Coordinate with project consultants (ie. electrical, mechanical, structural)
- Resolve complex design and technical issues
- Manage client relationships and actively develop these throughout the project process
- Ensure projects are delivered effectively through efficient resource management and achieving scheduled milestones
- Undertake site reviews and construction administration
What you bring to Kasian:
- A recognized degree in architecture coupled with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- AAA registration, or registration with another provincial body
- Experience leading projects of at least $5m (construction value) with minimal supervision
- An innovative and forward-thinking approach to design and a natural curiosity for staying current of new trends, materials, and construction methods
- Strong technical knowledge and technical drawing experience in Revit
- Excellent graphic communication and presentation skills
- An ability to add value to all stages of project delivery
This opportunity is an exceptional career fit for a candidate with long-term ambitions to contribute to one of Canada’s top architectural practices. If you are looking to be part of a progressive environment and deliver innovative projects, we’d like to hear from you.
To apply, please visit our website at www.kasian.com/careers