Diamond Schmitt Architects is a leading Canadian architecture practice based in Toronto with a reputation that is worldwide. The firm is recognized for design excellence across a broad range of building types for cultural, civic, academic, healthcare, residential and commercial property clients. Over 250 regional, national and international awards have been won, including six Governor General’s Medals for Architecture. The company is a leading proponent of sustainable design innovation with 35 LEED certified buildings and a number of zero net energy projects.
The firm’s design sensibility is matched with a successful business model that positions it among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, GTA’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Managed Companies™. Two hundred people work in the Toronto, Vancouver and New York offices.
We are seeking energetic and enthusiastic individuals with rich experience in healthcare design. The ideal candidate will have at least eight years of well-rounded architectural experience with a demonstrated passion for excellence in healthcare design. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a busy office are key attributes.
- More than eight years of experience in an environment of design excellence
- Masters level degree in Architecture
- Evidence of continuing education in the field of healthcare design
- EDAC (Evidence Based Design Accreditation) Sigma Six or LEAN training is an advantage
- Experience with dRofus or similar data management programs is an advantage
- Experience in a P3 environment is an advantage
- Eligibility for Membership in the OAA
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of current versions of REVIT and AutoCAD
- Contract Administration experience is considered an asset
- Development of outstanding healthcare designs
- Ability to meet with clients and user groups to facilitate the design process
- Ability to work independently and provide mentorship to junior staff.
- Coordination of internal team, consultants and specification writer during design and documentation
- Preparation of drawings in a REVIT environment
Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Schmitt Architects encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all aspects of the selection process.