Mataj Architects Inc. is a full service architectural practice in Oakville. Our team of 16 talented professionals is known to be passionate about out-of-the-box design and high -quality standards that go in every stage of design. Our beautiful office is located in Downtown Oakville.
We continue to grow and are currently seeking another 2 full-time architects/intern architects or Senior Architectural Technician with 4+ years architectural experience in Ontario. Our main expertise is in Hospitality architectural projects as well as condominium developments, senior homes, banquet halls and some high-end residential projects. Our firm offers exposure to many types of buildings types, Hands on in every stage of the project, professional growth, and a great working relationship. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, a positive thinker, passionate about the profession, able to prioritize and perform under pressure, and having a strong “can-do" attitude. Proficiency in all stages of a project is essential.
- Architectural Degree approved in Canada
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, related to the design development and full detailing/production of projects.
- Medium to large Commercial and/or residential experience.
- Strong knowledge of building and construction practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Auto Cad, latest version
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency with the latest version of Revit is an asset,
- 3D Max, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, particularly Part 3 and 9.
- Familiarity with the planning and building permit process and associated documents.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Perform in all phases of the project, (site planning, design development, construction documents, co-ordination with consultants and contract administration, meetings with consultants and authorities, coordinate internal meeting with the production team).
- Preparation of Site Plan Applications, Building Permit Applications.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and still meet deadlines, prioritize and communicate clearly with all parties involved in the project
- Ability to work in a team with a positive approach while keeping with the office high quality standards in drawings, coordination of consultants, internal and external communication, client relationship.
To apply please send a resume with your credentials and work portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only qualified candidates will be considered for this position and only those who meet the specified criteria will be contacted.