At Giannone Petricone Associates we are designing environments inspired by a love of city-making and contemporary urban culture. From well crafted interiors to large-scale urban redevelopments (and everything in-between) our work relishes in a close attention to detail and material expression, provocative programs, and thorough investigation and infiltration of local contexts. We are a mid-sized firm located in Toronto since 1995. Our award-winning projects are mostly in Canada but extend to the US and Europe where we have recently enjoyed great interest in our unique design approach. We are growing, and looking to hire architects and/or intern architects that will complement our great team of creative individuals and help us rise to the challenges of the next level of exciting projects.
GPAIA will rely on its Junior Designers to assist and provide drawing support to more senior staff. Under their direction, they will prepare detailed specifications, drawings, and architectural design plans for buildings and structures in conformity with project requirements. They are encouraged to expand their knowledge of other jobs within the firm to keep up to date on new concepts, designs and technology.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in architecture, architectural science or architectural technology.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs design/CAD tasks to assist architectural team;
- Gathers and organizes site and building information;
- Prepares graphic drawings, diagrams for presentations and reports
- Supports, assists and works alongside senior architectural staff in:
- Development and conception of architectural designs including research and resolving technical and design issues;
- Production of compelling design development work;
- Production of 3D models including digital and physical models;
- Production of drawings, specifications and construction administration tasks;
- Site coordination and working with Contractors to solve construction and site issues;
- Management and coordination of internal project deadlines and deliverables.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward a CV and a PDF file of your portfolio of no more than 10MB via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.