Matter Architectural Studio Inc. (MAS) is a London, Ontario based group of Architects, Designers, and thinkers operating within the field of architecture and design. We pride ourselves on meeting challenges that produce unique architectural solutions for public wellness and interaction at every level.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience working on projects in Ontario.
- Practical knowledge of the Ontario Building Code (Parts 3 and 9) is required.
- Applicants must have first-hand experience in preparing details, specifications, and construction documents.
- Strong working knowledge of current versions of AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Studio Max, Sketch-up, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
- Must have prior experience working on active construction sites on a multitude of project types. Expertise in AutoCAD, Revit and MS Office is mandatory.
- A Master’s degree in Architecture is required from an accredited school that will allow for Intern status with the Ontario Association of Architects.
- Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be self-driven, and must have an interest in working collaboratively to produce high end results for our clients.
- Ability to prepare Architectural presentation documents (renderings, boards, booklets, etc);
- Understanding of Adobe products including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign;
- Understanding of Rhino, Grasshopper, and parametric design;
- LEED BD+C Accreditation.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Ability to work independently in both the office and construction site settings;
- Be able to select, modify, and suggest architectural techniques/construction methods for projects;
- Be able to provide high level design suggestions to developments;
- Perform Ontario Building Code Review(s);
- Assist in compilation of as-built conditions and site verification;
- Work directly with owners and clients in a professional manner;
- Assist team members with project deliverables (drawings and specifications) as required;
- Be an active participant in design discourse and constructive criticism as it relates to projects;
- Ensure assigned project needs are met in a timely and expeditious manner.
To apply: please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matter Architectural Studio Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Local candidates will be preferred.
To learn more about MAS please visit www.matterinc.ca