CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Full Time Unionized opportunity in the
Development Planning Department for an experienced and motivated individual
(JOB # J0118-0117)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 325,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please visit our website to apply online by Wednesday, January 24, 2018.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- University Degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Urban Planning, Urban Design, or suitable equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the field of Urban Design, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Full Membership in the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (O.A.L.A.), Ontario Professional Planners Institute (O.P.P.I.) or Ontario Association of Architects (O.A.A.)
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certification and CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design) Certification, including a working knowledge of LEED, CPTED, forestry, and ecology.
- Skilled in manual drafting and technical drawing as well as working knowledge of computer-aided drawing, graphic, three-dimensional modeling, and rendering software packages such as: AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketchup, and CorelDraw.
- Experienced and very comfortable using project management tools and methodologies.
- Proficient in report writing, and presentation using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, problem solving and oral/written communication skills.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability in, the city’s core competencies and relevant functional competencies.
- A valid Ontario Class “G” Drivers’ License in good standing and a reliable vehicle for corporate use.
Provides urban design planning and expertise; recommends and implements goals, strategies and tactics to address the organization and physical development of the City with respect to architectural form, landscape, and placemaking to ensure quality of public life, consideration of natural spaces, cultural heritage, the environment, sustainability, and public safety. Provides resources for the progress and consideration of development proposals through the corporate process, including the role of liaison with the City, Region, external agencies and developers to determine urban design requirements and provide urban design solutions.
Coordinates urban design studies, analysis of development application proposals and the preparation of urban design reports, policies and guidelines. Reviews, provides comments, conditions and recommendations for applications of proposed site plans, draft plans of subdivision, as well as official plan and zoning by-law amendments.
For more information visit https://cityofvaughan.njoyn.com/cl4/xweb/Xweb.asp?tbtoken=ZVxcSx0XCBl7FHYHQCRSCCRMcmVEcFAqd0ggVSt5ExEuXTYSKzZpcWV0dQkbUxFSSnUqWA%3D%3D&chk=dFlbQBJe&CLID=74035&page=jobdetails&JobID=J0118-0117&brid=64458&lang=1