Teeple Architects Inc. is recognized for executing technically advanced projects of exceptional quality, that are conceptually and practically rooted in the specific needs and aspirations of each client. The firm has been recognized with awards for design excellence and sustainability on the local, provincial, national and international levels.
A medium-sized firm located in downtown Toronto, our studio has a creative and collaborative environment filled with ambitious and talented people doing boundary-pushing work. The firm culture is collegial, demanding, jocular and driven by a common goal of design excellence. Every project must push the envelope in some way, to make an effort to do something completely new and exciting, and move us forward as designers.
We are seeking an Intermediate Architect with 5 years’ professional experience. Design for us is a highly collaborative process. We want people who have strong ideas and opinions and who are not afraid to speak up and offer suggestions, to ruffle some feathers.
We offer a very competitive salary and a comprehensive health plan.
We regret our office is not barrier-free due to many stairs. We have dogs in the office so please be aware, if you have allergies.
- Masters Degree in Architecture.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Have exceptional design skills and a strong critical perspective.
- Have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Be passionate about building science and technology, and want to explore new methods of project delivery using technology.
- Be truly knowledgeable of leading-edge industry construction methods, abreast of the most current building technologies, and enjoy the challenge of designing creative and elegant solutions for construction detailing.
- This position works directly with clients and consultants, strong communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Revit is essential. Experience with Rhino is an asset.
We are looking for a person who is capable of working on all project types and in all project phases. We do not departmentalize roles but rather believe that the firm is strongest and most resilient when staff has a wide variety of skills.
Below is a sample of roles and responsibilities of this position.
- Participate as a team member in the design of a project and work directly with the Partner-in-charge from the initial design concept through to design development. For smaller and simpler projects, you may be running the project somewhat independently with the over-sight of the Partner. On large projects, you may be working as a member of a larger team directly with an Associate.
- Be responsible for the production of design presentations. This includes managing more junior staff or students and the hands-on production of presentation material.
- Prepare for and attend (with the Partner) client design review meetings.
- Prepare and coordinate submissions for municipal approvals.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project statistics. Coordinate and ensure compliance with zoning and SPA commitments, TGS requirements, requirements of LEED or any other applicable sustainability initiatives.
- Coordinate the design work with the consultants.
- Act as Job Captain managing the production of design development and contract documents. Develop and maintain a work plan for the team and monitor project development against the work plan schedule.
- Review the work of the project team for quality control.
- Contract administration responsibilities will include performing field reviews, mock-up, submittal reviews, and all in-office construction phase work.
Please email CV’s and work samples in PDF format only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Word files will not be opened. We will only contact those candidates we wish to interview. No telephone enquiries please.