MJMA is seeking a ‘Environmental Graphic Designer / Signage & Wayfinding Specialist’ to join our growing 60-person interdisciplinary Toronto studio, focused on design excellence in public projects. Recipients of the 2016 RAIC Firm Award, our integrated design studio incorporates Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, and Environmental Graphic Design, all aimed at delivering full service, holistic design solutions. Our office is a collaborative and dynamic work environment with a commitment to being a great place to work and to foster professional growth of the individual.
- Degree / Diploma in a Graphic Design, Interior Design, Industrial Design, or Architecture Program.
- Experience in developing signage packages, graphics for the built environment, and presentation materials.
- Strong organizational, communication, and collaboration skills, and most importantly, willing to engage in the open and collaborative environment of the office.
- Assertive, confident, self motivated, and responsive.
- Advanced user in Adobe Graphic Programs with literacy in SketchUp and CAD an asset.
- Familiarity with AODA, Accessibility, Building Code standards and guidelines related to signage in the built environment.
- Both familiarity with and leading the latest trends and innovations in fabrication processes, materials, pictograms, and accessible and inclusive thinking.
This position will be working closely and collaboratively with the firm’s Partners, Director of Visual Communications, and Director of Interiors, to develop interior and exterior signage and wayfinding packages; support place-making and visual identity strategies through environmental graphics and frit patterns; strengthen accessibility and inclusivity; and reinforce each client’s brand.
This is an intermediate/senior position, you must have experience leading projects and teams; presenting to clients; coordinating with fabricators and installers; assembling working drawing sets and details; and overseeing installation on site.
Let us know why this position interests you and why you are the ideal candidate by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “Environmental Graphic Designer”.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note however that only those selected for interview will be contacted
For more information visit www.mjma.ca