Z Modular is a fast-growing design-build modular construction company, with factories across the continent, projects around the globe, and aspirations to transform the design industry. Its patented system allows owners, developers and architects to build high quality architecture, with exceptional time and capital savings. The 18-person design office is located in The Junction area of Toronto. See www.z-modular.com.
An immediate full-time position is available for a Modular Design Project Manager/Architect with experience in the management and coordination of design/build residential and/or data center buildings. This position requires the candidate to liaise between Architects and Engineers and direct the in-house modular design team while managing the schedule and budget. The candidate must be highly skilled in the design, interpretation of building design documents and the coordination of building systems.
The ideal candidate must be passionate for modular construction, automated fabrication systems, parametric design software, and developing alternatives to the design and construction industry.
- OAA Architect 10 years + as Project Architect (or Intern with similar experience)
- Communication Liaison with Client, Design team, Contractors and Fabricators
- Team Manage Design team coordination, work plan and fee tracking
- Design Revit/AutoCAD (SolidWorks is an asset)
- Detailing Experience producing construction drawings & details
- Construction Contract/construction administration and strong site experience
The position requires the candidate to oversee, review, manage, coordinate and detail modular building systems, including:
- Office Work with Design Director to identify weekly production needs
- Sales Work with Sales Director to analyze potential projects
- Represent Meet with Architects/Owner to describe the Z Modular process
- PM Manage the project budget and schedule
- Coordinate Review design details and flag any questions, conflicts or inconsistencies
- Drawing Organize & oversee drawing packages including Permit & Shop Drawings
- Travel Occasional US travel to meet clients or review factory production
- Design Develop Design Department and/or product lines
This position requires the candidate to be a creative problem solver with great people skills; to possess design skills and have a superior attention to detail; and to take initiative and be responsible for follow-through. Candidates must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, demanding environment while taking direction and successfully interacting with other team members.
For more information visit http://www.z-modular.com