J.L. Richards & Associates Limited (JLR) is a multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm. We are 100% employee-owned and a Canadian Best Managed Company. Our portfolio is broad, covering institutional, commercial, government, and industrial market sectors. Our firm has designed a wide variety of projects throughout Canada and around the world.
JLR’s Kingston office is seeking a qualified candidate that is registered as Architect with the Ontario Association of Architects. The successful candidate will have 10 to 15 years of experience working in an architect’s office.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of experience working in an architect’s office;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English is a must, and French is advantageous);
- Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to work independently;
- Organized with the ability to manage time, deliverables, budgets, and personnel;
- Possess a full understanding of building science, construction materials, construction methods, and architectural detailing;
- Ability to manage the production and delivery of construction documents;
- Work and communicate effectively with clients; and
- Ability to work within a team environment and manage a project team made up of architects, engineers, and planners.
- Carrying out visits to construction sites and reporting on observations;
- Preparing proposals and budget estimates;
- Working with senior staff to assist in developing and expanding the firm’s architectural practice in Kingston;
- Undertaking business-development activities to secure assignments in Kingston; and
- Promoting and marketing the firm to existing and prospective clients.
Application Instructions: Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position to email@example.com We look forward to and appreciate your submissions but regret that we will only be able to contact candidates selected for an interview.
For more information visit www.jlrichards.ca