Brook McIlroy is an award-winning architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, community planning, transportation planning and public art practice with studios in Toronto, Thunder Bay and Winnipeg. Founded on the ambition to address the complex and interrelated challenges of contemporary Canadian communities, we provide creative solutions through a multi-disciplinary team approach.
Projects in the practice span from large-scale urban visions and implementation strategies to the detailed design of buildings, communities, districts, landscapes, campuses and civic infrastructure. Our building work is focused on public and institutional projects and are distinctive and exploratory.
Each project is approached as a unique challenge focused on client engagement, community consultation and thorough place-specific research. A special focus of our practice is our collaboration with Indigenous Peoples across Canada to restore Indigenous presence to cities, towns, and communities. Twenty percent of our professional staff of 35 are Indigenous and lead our Indigenous Design Studio. We are the first architecture and planning company in Canada certified by the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business's Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) program.
The Position: Intermediate Architect
We are looking for a highly motivated and productive individual to work on exciting and innovative projects.
- 5-7 years experience in all phases of a building design and construction project
- Degree in Architecture and registered or eligible for registration with the OAA
- High proficiency in Revit – note; we use Revit exclusively for our projects
- High proficiency in Autocad, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up, 3D Rendering Programs, MS Office
- Strong working knowledge of the OBC
- Strong understanding of building envelope and construction principles
- Currently eligible to work in Canada
- Preparation of Schematic Design and Design Development packages
- Preparation of highly detailed and accurate construction documents
- Coordination of different disciplines with architectural documents
Please submit a PDF copy of your cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information visit www.brookmcilroy.com