At Giannone Petricone Associates we are designing environments inspired by a love of city-making and contemporary urban culture. From well crafted interiors to large-scale urban redevelopments (and everything in-between) our work relishes in a close attention to detail and material expression, provocative programs, and thorough investigation and infiltration of local contexts. We are a mid-sized firm located in Toronto since 1995. Our award-winning projects are mostly in Canada but extend to the US and Europe where we have recently enjoyed great interest in our unique design approach. We are growing, and looking to hire a Studio Director who will complement our great team of creative individuals and help us rise to the challenges of the next level of exciting projects.
GPA depends on its Studio Director to oversee the organization and operations of the studio on a day-to-day basis with the goal of improving quality in the firm’s production and client service.
The Director will serve as the Principal’s representative by leading the operations and managing the studio (resources, people and processes). She/ he will lead to ensure that projects are assigned to appropriate teams, flow through the studio without delays and meet client-service expectations. She/ he will oversee colleagues and consultants in developing technical and information management standards and will be responsible for Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement at GPA.
You must have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in architecture and possess a minimum of 10+ years professional working experience. Team Management experience in an architecture practice is preferred.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Successful performance of this role will be measured in:
- Improved delivery of projects according to schedule and project plans
- Reduced errors, redundancies and duplication of work
- Positive feedback from Associates, Team Leads and clients
- Consistent improvement in the studio’s production and client service
Studio Director’s responsibilities include:
Leadership – 15%
- Partnering with Associates/ Team Leads to investigate, build and implement best practices, systems and processes
- Coordinating and working across teams to ensure flow
- Supporting and advising Principals in operational strategy
Resource Allocation – 25%
- Managing studio resources overall
- Ensuring teams are appropriately structured and scheduled
- Ensuring teams and individuals are assigned to appropriate projects
- Guiding team leaders in solving staffing and scheduling problems
Flow – 30%
- Facilitating improvement in the flow of projects through the studio using consulting and team input
- Facilitating improvement in client service using consulting and team input
- Maintaining a strong awareness of the firm’s prospective and in-progress projects
- Maintaining a strong awareness of key project deadlines and deliverables
- Guiding team leaders in developing solutions to project bottlenecks
Quality Assurance and Improvement – 30%
- Directing development of technical standards, information standards and the use of CAD and BIM with input from consultants and GPA team
- Developing and putting in place QA and QI processes with input from consultants and GPA team
- Ensuring that the quality of the firm’s output is of a high standard and improves over time
Thank you for your interest in our firm. Please forward your CV and a portfolio of no more than 10MB via email to email@example.com
Please note that only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.