Carbon Architects is a small architectural practice that takes a thoughtful and dynamic approach to projects. We are located in downtown Toronto on Spadina Avenue, between Old Chinatown and the Fashion District.
We are seeking an Intern Architect or Architectural Technologist with 2-5 years experience to prepare architectural working drawings and construction details for a wide variety of projects. The candidate should be self-motivated, sincere, conscientious and detail-oriented with a professional manner and strong communication abilities. The candidate will also have sound time management skills and enjoy working on technical aspects of architectural projects in a fast-paced, supportive and collaborative environment.
We require all team members to be adaptable and support each other as needed. Over time, motivated individuals may find opportunities to expand their skill sets.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience with AutoCAD 2D drafting of working drawings
- Proficiency with office productivity software
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate level of familiarity with the Ontario Building Code
- Intermediate level of knowledge of building science and construction detailing
- Strong motivation for continuation of learning
How to apply:
Those interested may email a brief cover letter and CV/resume to: email@example.com, together with samples of your work as a PDF attachment or a link to a website. Other types of submissions will not be reviewed.
Telephone inquiries and drop in visits will NOT be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with experience.
References may be requested and contacted.