Men At Work is a design-build company specializing in home additions and major home renovations to Toronto’s existing housing stock. MAW is immediately seeking an experienced architectural technologist in the architectural discipline with at least 4 years relevant professional experience. We require someone with strong drafting skills, a strong understanding of OBC Part 9 and who has proficient residential building construction knowledge to produce construction drawings for custom residential additions and renovations to existing homes. The role offers the opportunity to be part of an exciting design-build team where you will work closely with the lead house designer, structural engineer and project managers. Additionally, being a design-build company, you’ll have an intimate relation with the as-built providing the unique opportunity of seeing your details built. Although you will co-ordinate with team members, you will be expected to have sufficient experience to be able to generate the construction drawings for building permit issuance and construction independently.
- Minimum 4 years of architectural experience with demonstrated relevant residential project experience.
- A graduate of a recognized Architectural Technology Degree from a Canadian Institution.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience with the latest version of AutoCAD. Experience with Vectorworks and SketchUp is an asset but not a requisite.
- Ability to produce a complete comprehensive set of construction drawings independently.
- Fluent knowledge of Part 9 of the Ontario Building Code is essential.
- Responsible, reliable and self-motivated.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good organization and time management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The candidate must reside in Toronto and have a valid Ontario driver’s license
- You will be given a completed architectural design proposal and will be expected to produce a complete architectural construction drawing set with a full set of plans, elevations, sections and details. The drawings must include all necessary details, notes and specifications for construction, OBC Part 9 compliance and building permit approval.
- Coordinate with lead home designer to execute architectural vision.
- Create, co-ordinate, track and amend construction schedules (doors & windows, exterior finishes)
- Coordinate with structural engineer to have all relevant structural components and connections specified and detailed.
- Coordinate with mechanical engineering to complete the HVAC design. You will be expected to provide all required documents to the sub-consultant necessary to complete the HVAC design. You will also be expected to provide direction and coordinate the duct layout with structural members while maintaining the functional and aesthetic quality of the architectural spaces.
- Prepare PERMIT (BLD, PLB & HVAC) application packages with all necessary drawings, documents and forms included.
- Complete permit revisions in coordination with project managers, engineers and trades.
We will offer a generous salary commensurate with skills and experience. The position shall be full time, permanent. It will be substantially work-from-home, with some onsite and occasional company office work. Various attractive benefits including extended health and dental, company vehicle and/or mileage allowance, company phone, hardware and software as required.
Our company culture is positive, encouraging, diverse, mutually supportive and focused on producing great work and thrilling our customers.
Please email your resume to email@example.com and include relevant examples of working drawings completed.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
For more information visit www.menatwork.ca