Kingsland+Architects Inc. is a progressive and expanding Toronto based architectural firm focusing on a range of specialities such as Educational, Government, Restaurant / Retail and Private Sector projects. We are seeking a self-motivated individual capable of assuming increasing responsibility for both current and future projects and who, in particular, is interested in growing with the firm. If you are someone that is highly organized with the skills to manage projects effectively and with a high level of technical detailing experience then we are looking forward to meeting with you. The successful candidate will have a passion for design, and will enjoy working with a variety of clientele; however, candidates must satisfy the following:
Senior Technologist / Technician in the architectural discipline:
- University or College degree in Architectural Technology.
- Must have 10 -15 years of architectural technology experience.
- Capable of managing a variety of building projects through documentation and construction.
- Experience in production documents, specifications, and contract administration.
- Experience preparing and issuing Supplemental Instructions, Proposed Changes, Change Orders and assemble close-out documentation.
- Experience in dealing with consultants and documentation coordination is essential.
- Experience with the Ontario Building Code (Part 3 in particular) and applicable Zoning By-Laws essential.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD LT 2014 and Sketch Up or better is essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Project an asset.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator an asset.
- Relevant field experience with construction site reviews an asset.
- Must be able to read and process shop drawings.
- Must be well organised, have excellent written and verbal skills in English, disciplined, reliable and professionally presentable.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task a series of time sensitive projects.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Dedicated and eager to make a difference.
- Positive attitude is imperative.
Salary is commensurate with experience. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, telephone calls or walk-ins please.
Applicants may send resumes by e-mail to info@KingslandPlus.com