Schiller Engineering Ltd. is a young, multi-disciplinary design and engineering firm, specializing primarily in small to medium sized new construction and renovation projects. Whether it’s helping a family design their dream home or planning a warehouse addition to expand a company’s business, Schiller Engineering provides expert guidance and assistance every step of the way. At the helm is Travis Schiller, a professional engineer with experience in structural engineering and architectural design. Travis’s connections with local developers and contractors combined with a nimble and versatile design team results in the ability to take on interesting and challenging projects.
We are looking for ONE Architectural Designer to join our small team (3-5 people). Prospective employees may be relied on to assist with a large variety of tasks; including site measurements and initial site visits, sketches, layout and elevation development for new projects, project coordination and client correspondence.
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour
- degree or diploma in Architecture or Architectural Technology.
- 1-5 years of relevant experience with residential and/or commercial/industrial projects.
- be an effective communicator.
- demonstrate technical ability and problem solving skills.
- adapt to changing demands and work environment.
- be honest and respectful.
- demonstrate good work ethic and willingness to add to their knowledge base and skills.
- be self-motivated and driven.
- take ownership and responsibility.
- be determined and persistent.
- experience/proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD.
- create architectural drawings for the permit (residential, commercial, industrial, etc.).
- attend site visits to meet with clients and contractors.
- prepare quality site notes and sketches.
- assist in the design of layouts and elevations.
- assemble architectural and structural details.
- render 3D computer models (Google SketchUp, Revit, etc.).
- estimate cost and material take-offs.
- participate in the preparation of proposals, bids, tenders and specifications - research and understand building codes and by-laws.
- write technical reports, change orders, work orders, etc.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org