Design Workshop Architects is a growing, medium-sized practice working across multiple sectors. We are open-minded about the work we do, we love an unconventional challenge, and our constant attention to excellence has helped to make us a preferred provider to some of Canada’s premiere commercial property owners. We strive for design and artistic excellence, balanced with a top-class design delivery and project management approach. We do our work because we love to learn and create, and we are patiently and deliberately working toward building an exciting future for the company as a next-generation leading practice.
Design Workshop Architects Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a smart and ambitious architectural technologist or intern architect with proven high-level Revit management skills and the ability to develop and manage BIM processes. Ideally, you also share our passion for design and a desire to work with a growing team, which is equal parts creative and technically fluent. You’re interested in learning by doing, and you want to work within a team on challenging and complex projects.
As our BIM Coordinator, you’ll work on a broad spectrum of small and large architecture and design projects in the commercial, residential and institutional sectors alongside creating and managing our content, BIM execution plans, drawing standards and details.
Your day to day work will be largely self-directed working with several project teams, and you’ll enjoy the opportunity to learn alongside our team as well. You’re well-equipped with several years of BIM experience, so you’ll feel comfortable working on projects from start to finish.
While working on projects, you’ll develop BIM execution plans and guide workflows, assist with training and mentoring staff and develop specific content as required. As we are a relatively small firm, it is expected that the BIM Coordinator will participate in Revit-based projects to approximately 70% of your time, with the balance spent on administering and developing our standards, but it will fluctuate as needed.
The successful candidate will be fully immersed in the most current BIM and AEC industry technology tools, and have experience on the ground using them. You embrace technology and do not shy from the unknown; you are willing to do the work to help improve processes and drive design. You understand that architecture is a constantly-evolving, rich and deep profession, and you want to seek the opportunity to be mentored, to be exposed to all sides and phases of a project, and to learn all you can.
- Must be trained as an architect or architectural technologist & legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be an advanced Revit user and manager, with the ability to create and manage industry leading BIM efforts, train users, use add-ons, and create documentation
- Experience working in a reputable, design-oriented architecture firm is preferred
- Experience working on large and complex design projects in the commercial, residential, and/or institutional sectors
- Thorough understanding of the Ontario Building Code, architectural detailing, and building science
- Highly skilled with typical design industry software, including creating working drawings with Revit and AutoCAD, fluent in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat) for architecture, design, and project management
- 3D modelling expertise (Sketchup, Rhino, 3DSMax, Cinema4D) an asset
- BIM360 experience an asset
- Experience with CoBie or dRofus an asset
- Valid driver’s license desired
This is a full-time, permanent role and you’ll be paid a competitive salary based on your experience. Overtime is paid after 44 hours and we offer annual performance-based bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
You’ll work Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Along with your vacation, you’ll get additional paid time off over the Christmas holidays.
For more information visit www.dwa-arc.com
Send a digital portfolio along with your covering letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name in the subject line.
All applications will be evaluated, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.