Creating legacies, one building at a time.
We are a small, progressive, and well-respected midtown Toronto architecture firm. We specialize in high-performance, environmentally conscious projects, utilizing an inclusive and collaborative design process. We have established a reputation amongst our clients, consultants and builders for being great to work with, being hands on, and demonstrating keen attention to all details and aspects of our work. We deliver sensitive solutions to each design challenge.
We are looking for an eager and passionate Architect (or intern Architect on track for completion). We are looking for someone who loves to digitally model and draw, wants to take ownership of their work, and wants to be an integral part of our firm. In exchange, we will provide exposure to all aspects of the architectural profession. You will be a project designer and manager, from conception, design, approvals, construction, to completion.
The following should be considered minimum qualifications:
- University Degree from an accredited Architecture program;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an architectural office;
- Advanced Revit experience developed in a professional, collaborative environment (including the use of key features such as scheduling, worksharing, family editing, phases, design options, rendering and walkthroughs);
- Outstanding graphic design sense;
- Avid interest in all aspects of sustainable design (Passivehaus, NetZero, Carbon Neutral, LEED);
- Strong understanding of building science, building systems, and construction detailing;
- Excellent working knowledge of the OBC;
- Experience working with local building techniques, practices, and products;
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficient construction drawing preparation and coordination;
- Able to effectively multi-task and coordinate efforts on multiple projects;
- Comfortable in dealing directly with clients, contractors, consultants, product suppliers and other design professionals;
- Able to fully coordinate and understand the impacts of design on all involved consultant disciplines;
- A positive, pro-active, problem-solving attitude;
- Attention to critical thinking;
- A desire to take ownership of all aspects of any given task or project, demonstrating accountability and integrity.
Please send an email with a sample portfolio (PDF or web link) along with your resume. Revit samples are required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however absolutely no phone inquiries will be accepted and only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information visit www.dewson.com