RAW is one of Toronto’s most vibrant and respected architectural and design studios. We possess an international design sensibility combined with a wealth of recent local experience. Unconcerned with stylistic expectations, RAW focuses on both the understanding of site opportunities and client-specific objectives. We take a completely open-minded approach to design, encouraging a fluid and collaborative process. RAW is not a hierarchical corporation. We are a medium-sized design studio delivering creative responses to design challenges.
RAW intends to employ a robust digital toolset in order to continue to build upon its strengths as a leader in Architecture + Design, while providing value to our clients. This will involve the twofold task of implementing parametric toolsets into our workflow, and educating our staff, enabling RAW to efficiently develop creative responses to design challenges.
We are looking for an expert user of Revit software with a familiarity of architectural graphic standards, interdisciplinary construction methods, and the best practices for modelling with Revit software in a collaborative setting. The BIM Coordinator will be tasked with the creation and maintenance of Revit Template(s), Content Libraries, quality assurance and best practices methodologies.
You must demonstrate a passion for design excellence and innovation, and be a strong communicator. The role of BIM Specialist will also involve on-going staff skills development, which may take the form of 1-on-1 troubleshooting assistance or structured work-groups. The BIM coordinator may also have some time distributed to managing and delegating IT-related matters with our firm’s primary IT consultant.
RAW fosters the growth of every individual; opportunities will be provided to research additional digital toolsets that enable RAW to strengthen its BIM competency, through relevant workshops and conferences in the field.
- Completion of a relevant diploma or degree program from an accredited college or university
- Expert user of Revit, Dynamo, Revisto and Bluebeam software in a professional environment
- 3-5 years of experience in an architectural practice.
- Accreditation as an architectural technologist or degree in architectural studies
- Understanding of construction detailing methods and drawing production workflow
- Interpersonal communication skills and a proven ability as a team leader
- Ability to take initiative and to see the big picture
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Presentation and teaching skills
- Strong desire to learn and self-develop
- Create and maintain Revit Template(s), 2D and 3D Revit Families, including the updating and standardization of families for current Revit deployments.
- Create and maintain adaptive and parametric elements and toolsets, including Dynamo scripts to automate tasks such as model health checks, scheduling and area take-off’s.
- Research, coordinate and deploy Revit plug-ins, including rendering plug-ins such as Enscape.
- Create and maintain a Materials Library for the purposes of rendering and visualization.
- Attend industry-specific conferences and seminars in order to keep abreast of developments and standards. Present summaries of these events during lunch ‘n learns or the weekly Office Meeting.
- Employ your background in building technology and construction practices in order to determine which best practices to develop in project workflow.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a BIM execution plan for each project, based on project parameters, including Level of Detail specifics.
- Streamline RAW’s workflow, including leading the adoption and implementation of new toolsets such as FormIt sketching platform, Formlabs 3D printing and Matterport photometry, that align with the firm’s BIM Strategy.
- Develop and maintain onboarding tools for new Staff and Students, including the RAW BIM Standards manual.
- Research and promote additional digital toolsets to staff that enable RAW to strengthen its BIM competency.
- Audit Revit model health for size, stability (error reduction), and the usage of established modelling and graphic standards.
- Provide 1-on-1 staff assistance on projects and competitions, as well as skills-development sessions/lunch ‘n learns.
- Monitor Third-Party Drafting Services, when required, for model compliance with RAW Standards and with the RAW Revit Template.
- Manage Revit deployments + updates.
- Liaise with our 3rd-Party IT-consultant, in order to coordinate the purchase of hardware to facilitate our digital toolset (BIM/rendering Software, 3D scanners/printers, BIM-specific hardware).
For more information visit www.rawdesign.ca