BBA is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm with a +25 year history of providing quality services throughout
Ontario and beyond. We are seeking a (Project) Architect to join our team in Whitby, designing recreation, education, institutional and
municipal building projects.
Reporting to the Firms Partners and Chief Architect, you will be working with our Clients to plan, design and prepare contract documents from the proposal stage.
- Degree or Diploma from a college or university in Architecture, and be a Registered Architect with the Ontario Association of Architects. Must be willing and be in a position to apply for and use an OAA seal.
- Requires (7 - 10) years of experience in a small to medium size architectural firm.
- Ability to use the Firm computer software, i.e. Revit, AutoCAD, Powerpoint and Firm PC’s
- Must have a good understanding of the Ontario Building Code and be familiar with other Codes, Acts and Regulations affecting the building industry.
- Must possess a degree of understanding of the principles, use and application of building science and technology in the disciplines of architecture and structural engineering including an understanding of the principles of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Meet with Clients and develop Client relationships.
- Prepares, either personally or by staff under his/her supervision, preliminary and final designs based on information received, either directly or indirectly, from clients.
- Ensures that the policies and procedures of the firm are carried out in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives as set forth by the Partners.
- Helps coordinate the architectural portion of a project among the other staff members. Participate in the preparation of tender documents when required.
- Ensures that all staff receive direct concise instructions so that confusion or doubt is eliminated.
- Constantly checks to ensure that all work is being carried out within the fee/time allocation. Takes remedial action when necessary.
- Participates in the preparation of proposals including budget fee estimates when requested.
- Keeps the Partners or designated supervisor informed of the status of all projects he/she is involved