JLR’s Timmins office is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Intern Architect. The successful candidate must be registered with the Ontario Association of Architects (OAA).
Why Join Us?
- Competitive salary reviewed annually;
- Health/dental benefits offered immediately;
- Employer paid RRSP contributions offered immediately;
- Merit-and-profit bonus program for all employees;
- 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels;
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged;
- Stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Friendly, welcoming and team-oriented atmosphere that fosters collaboration;
- Flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path;
- Interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type;
- Corporate philosophy that encourages growth and development along with an “open-door” policy where communication is encouraged; and
- Extracurricular social events (annual “prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer bbq’s, and much more).
- Graduate or currently enrolled in a Master's of Architecture degree program;
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of construction methodology, building assemblies, materials application, and interpretation of manufacturers' requirements;
- Ability to interpret and coordinate work of consultant disciplines including civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering;
- Knowledge of the Ontario / National Building Code;
- Familiarity with NMS specification format;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English is a must and French is advantageous);
- Ability to work efficiently and with accuracy as part of both a collaborative team and individually;
- Experience working in an architectural firm preparing and coordinating construction drawings and documents for institutional, commercial, and residential buildings would be considered an asset; and
- LEED accreditation and/or a working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Illustrator would be considered assets.
For more information visit http://www.jlrichards.ca/careers/intern-architect-2/?title=Timmins
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.