Change the world through design.
Yorkville University’s Bachelor of Interior Design (BID) is a CIDA accredited and ARIDO recognized program offered online and on-campus. Students are offered the opportunity to connect, collaborate, innovate and enhance the physical world around them through design.
Designed for creative minds with a passion for aesthetics and function, the program lays the foundation to creating beautiful, practical, healthy and safe spaces.
Are you interested in helping students acquire the skills required to become an interior designer and launch a rewarding interior design career?
If so, Yorkville University’s growing BID program has part time teaching opportunities available.
Position: Associate Faculty
Start Date: October 2018
Area of Expertise: Building Systems
Manual and Digital Drafting
Codes and Regulations
Canadian and Global
Hours: 1 to 3 days per week
Location: For on campus courses the location is the Steeles campus in Concord, Ontario.
For online courses, you can be
Teaching in the BID program is an exclusive experience. In our intimate, small class size setting, of approximately 15 to 20 students you will be able to interact with students one-on-one. There are opportunities to teach diverse courses because of our four quarter starts per year. Additionally, you will not need to undertake significant preparation to teach our courses as you will be provided with a comprehensive package of the course, including content, lectures, readings and assignments.
You will facilitate meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the learning environment. You will provide education through student centered learning instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. You will encourage a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Registered/licensed professional designer (Architect or Interior Designer)
- 3 to 5 years professional experience.
- Post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
- Collaborative, collegial; able to get things done by working with others
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong customer service focus with emphasis on student success and retention
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Enable the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Deliver student centered learning instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively plan and prepare for classes and student success.
- Promote student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manage the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies; as well as maintaining regular office hours.
- Participating in course development initiatives as assigned and program governance.
- Adhere to and publicly support policies and procedures and at the same time maintain privacy and confidentiality of student information.
- Relate professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.