- THE OAA
- NEWS & EVENTS
- PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES
- PUBLIC RESOURCES
- DISCOVER AN ARCHITECT
17 October 2018
Provider: IG Wealth Management
Time: 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Venue: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, 33 Yonge St, Toronto, ON
Cost: Free for OAA members.
*RSVP is required*
This event is most suitable for Principal Architects, partners and owner managers.
The rules for growing wealth within an architectural corporation have changed with the release of the 2018 Federal Budget. Whether one is planning for retirement or investing for other purposes within the corporation, the new taxation draft legislation places a limit on the passive income allowed in a given year before business income eligible under the small business tax rate is reduced.
The proposals within the budget requires owner managers to review the strategies they currently have in place to realign with revised guidelines going forward.
This presentation will provide insights on:
• A summary of the federal budget changes to date (i.e. TOSI rules)
• Sheltering retained earnings within a corporation from passive
• Generating tax-free income now and in the future
• Utilizing risk management solutions to build greater wealth
• Maximizing the tax benefits of balancing salary and dividend income