2020 OAA Annual Conference
Call for Tours - Deadline SEPTEMBER 13, 2019
Have a great idea for a tour in the Toronto area? We want to hear from you!
The OAA is now soliciting tour proposals for possible inclusion in the 2020 OAA Conference program. We are looking for unique & informative tours that will engage and educate the audience. Conference tours can be architectural or recreational in nature. The goals of the program are to show attendees what the Conference host city has to offer in terms of new architectural projects, heritage projects and exciting attractions and or excursion activities. Architectural tours also provide Continuing Education Opportunities for the membership.
All tours submitted will be reviewed by the Conference Committee for approval and may be grouped together with other similar projects. If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward Proposals to Allison Tower, Moore Carlyle Consulting by September 13, 2019.
- Tours will be held in two time slots within the Conference program: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm and 2:00 – 5:30 pm
- Tours are expected to be 1.5 - 2 hours in duration
- Due to schedule limitations, we will not be able to consider project locations that have a one-way travel time greater than 45 minutes from Beanfield Centre, 105 Princes' Blvd., Toronto.
- Architectural Tours may include buildings: (commercial & residential), neighborhoods, community projects, and any other built spaces.
- Recreational Tours can include buildings, neighbourhoods, attractions, parks, boat, bike & bus rides, excursions.
TOUR PRESENTER BENEFITS:
- Exposure to Ontario architects and the design community.
- Networking opportunities with Ontario architects and allied professionals.
- Complimentary tickets to selected Conference social events.
- Eligibilty to receive ConEd learning hours.
TOUR PROPOSALS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A brief description of the concept of the tour/project and the location/address of the tour. (ie. What will be included in the tour? What makes this tour/project unique?)
- Duration: What is the length of the tour? All tours will depart from and return to Beanfield Centre, 105 Princes' Blvd., Toronto, please factor that into your total travel and tour estimation.
- Time of Day: Is this tour only available at a particular time of day or is the timing flexible?
- Transportation: What is the best mode of transportation for the tour?
- Physical challenges: Does the tour have any specific physical challenges (ie. lots of walking, biking etc.)
- Special Requirements: Does the tour have any special requirements (ie. Projects under construction would require hard hats & construction boots etc.)
- Min/Max: What are the minimum and maximum number of participants?
- Costs: Are there any costs associated with the tour?
- Tour Leader Experience: Please provide a short bio of the proposed tour leaders. (Include designations and current job title)