The Committee of Adjustment is a 15-member panel that considers applications for minor variances to the City’s Zoning By-laws and applications for consent to subdivide (sever) property. The Committee is an independent and autonomous body that performs its duties at “arm’s length” from the City administration and operates under the authority of the Province’s Planning Act
. More information can be found at www.ottawa.ca/cofa
The Committee benefits from a Membership with a broad range of skills, knowledge and personal and professional experience, including the following:
• Relevant knowledge including planning, municipal and development law, architecture, community development, urban design principles, official plans, zoning by-laws
• Previous experience with Committees of Adjustment, decision-making, communication and mediation
• Knowledge of the City’s building, planning and development processes
• Current or past community involvement with other committees, non-profit groups, voluntary societies and occupational associations
• Professional designations/memberships may be considered an asset
An Open House/Information Session for new Members will be held on:
Thursday, November 29, 2018
6 pm to 8 pm
Ben Franklin Place, Main Lobby
101 Centrepointe Drive (Ottawa)
The link to the recruitment information is below. From this link, you can access the Committee of Adjustment link.
All applicants are encouraged to review the recruitment information and apply using this online form
. Alternate application formats are available upon request. All applications must be submitted by Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 4:30 pm.